Balsamic Skirt Steak with Warm Tomato Dressing
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, grated
2-3 basil leaves, torn
3 pounds skirt steak
1 basket of cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 basil leaves, minced
Salt + pepper
1. Whisk all marinade ingredients together, then pour over top of steak. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat a grill pan or skillet over high heat until hot.
3. Just before cooking, pat steak dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the steak 3 minutes per side to achieve medium temperature. Transfer steak to a carving board and let rest for about 3 minutes (half the cooking time).
4. Make the dressing by washing and halving tomatoes. Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Over medium heat, sauté the dressing for 5-6 minutes until tomatoes soften and become tender.
5. Using a sharp knife, slice steak into strips. Spoon warm tomato dressing over top and serve!